On November 5, 2021, FDA granted tentative approval for YUTREPIA (treprostinil) inhalation powder. See press release here.
View Press Release
YUTREPIA™ (treprostinil) inhalation powder
- YUTREPIA (treprostinil) inhalation powder is an investigational, inhaled dry powder formulation of treprostinil delivered through a proven, convenient, palm-sized device.
- On November 5, 2021, the FDA issued a tentative approval for YUTREPIA (treprostinil) inhalation powder, which is indicated for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) to improve exercise ability in adult patients with New York Heart Association (NYHA) Functional Class II-III symptoms.
- PAH is a rare, chronic, progressive disease caused by hardening and narrowing of the pulmonary arteries that can lead to right heart failure and eventually death, with an estimated prevalence in the United States of approximately 30,000 patients
- Learn more about the pivotal Phase 3 trial, known as INSPIRE
- YUTREPIA (treprostinil) inhalation powder was designed using Liquidia’s PRINT® technology, which enables the development of drug particles that are precise and uniform in size, shape, and composition, and that are engineered for improved deposition in the lung following oral inhalation.
- Previously referred to as LIQ861 in investigational studies which can be found on our ‘Publications’ page.